She Reads South Asia

SheReadsSouthAsia

Monday, July 09, 2007

Ghazals and Jaswinder Singh

Ghazal - The word originates from arabic, meaning, "way or mannerism of talking to or talking about women." It is in fact an expression of love! Thus Ghazal is the most romantic form of poetry, which has soft and soothing melodies that can touch the soul.

Here is a video from my friend Jaswinder Singh, who has an stunning voice, which lends itself perfectly to the singing of these beautifully, romantic works of art. See for yourself. You'll actually see him singing in the video several times too!

The song is called Dil Ko Thaaman and it is from Jas' album titled, Dilkash.




To learn more about Jaswinder and sample more of his amazing musical talents, please visit Jaswinder's Ryze Page.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog. I heard Jaswinder Singh when he performed in Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar's show "Kaifi aur main" - I thought he was wonderful. Thanks for sharing this video of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Simran
    Thanks a lot for this ghazal and also thanks for page on jaswinder bhaji.

    I didnt knew he was son of kuldip singh ji. both son and father are immensely talented.

    I dont have email id of jaswinder ji please send me his email id. my email id is oyesonu@gmail.com


    Regards

    Sonu

    ReplyDelete