She Reads South Asia

SheReadsSouthAsia

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Journey through Indian Music

Sometime back, I wrote about my first experience with live Indian music. It was at a local multicultural center and featured the ace percussionist Shri Nitin Mitta on tabla.

The concert was titled - Journey through Indian Music and the article I wrote about it was called Indian Night in Providence, RI

I enjoyed all of the performances immensely, but watching Nitin on the tabla was simply, nothing short of amazing. I had never seen or heard anything like it. He was in Providence again last weekend, along with Shri Puspen Dey on the sarod, but with a heavy heart and great disappointment, I regret to say that I was not able to attend.

Besides the audio and video clips on Nitin's site, here are the two clips I have found on the Web, as he accompanied the famous sitar player Pt. Nayan Ghosh last year. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment