She Reads South Asia

SheReadsSouthAsia

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Another Beautiful Hindi Film

If you haven't seen Vivah (marriage) yet, you should do so. It's a beautiful story about the journey from engagement to the sacred, pure and eternal institution of marriage for Poonam (Amrita Rao), a middle class girl who lives in the small town of Madhupur, to Prem (Shahid Kapoor), the son of Mr. Harishchandra (Anupam Kher), a renowned businessman from New Delhi.

Although from two different worlds, so to speak, the match is "made in heaven" as they say. Vivah is a heartwarming tale of unconditional love … even through the trial by fire that the two come up against.

Here is one of the songs that is absolutely one of my very favorite - Mujhe Haq Hai. Enjoy!







Lyrics/Translation

"Mujhe Haq Hai"
Movie: Vivah
Music & Lyrics: Ravindra Jain
Translation Courtesy of Rajshri Productions
Singers: Udit Narayan and Shreya Ghoshal

Prem:
Mujhe haq hai (I have the right)
Tujhko ji bhar ke main dekhoon, (I have the right to this liberty of beholding your beauty to my heart's content)
Mujhe haq hai
Bas yun hi dekh tha jaaon, (Of gazing upon you in endless love)
Mujhe haq hai

Poonam:
Piya, piya, piya, piya, bole mera jiya (My love, my love calls out in answer)
Tumhe haq hai (You have the right)
Tumhe haq hai
Tumhe haq hai

Dhal rahi pighal rahi, yeh raat dheere dheere (Darkening, melting, the night is slowly deepening)

Prem:
Bhar rahi hai pyaar ki, baat dheere dheere (Giving in to love's music, a romance slowly blossoming)

Poonam:
Chudiyan, gun gunna ke, kya kahe sajna (In the music of my bangles, what is the lyric, my love?)
Yeh chudiyan, gun gunaa ke, kya kahe sajna (What message does the language of my bangles speak?)

Prem:
Raat ki raat jagaaon, mujhe haq hai (To keep you awake all night, I have the right)
Chand poonam ka churaaon, mujhe haq hai (To steal upon your beauty, I have the right

Poonam:
Piya, Piya, Piya, Piya, Bole Mera Jiya
Tumhe Haq Hai
Tumhe Haq Hai
Tumhe Haq Hai

Prem:
Kal subaah, tujhse main, door chala jaaonga (Tomorrow, time will distance us )
Ek pal ko bhi tujhe, bhool nahin paaonga (But not for a moment will I be able to forget you)
Yeh chehra, yeh muskaan, aankhon mein bharke (My eyes will be filled with your face, your smile)
Yeh chehra, yeh muskaan, aankhon mein bharke (In memories of your beautiful face, your endearing smile)
Main Teri Yaad Mein Tarpoon, mujhe haq hai (To suffer in your absence, I have the right)
Gusse milne ko main tarsoon, mujhe haq hai (To yearn to meet you, I have the right)

Poonam:
Piya, Piya, Piya, Piya, Bole Mera Jiya
Tumhe Haq Hai
Tumhe Haq Hai
Tumhe Haq Hai

Prem:
Mujhe haq hai

Poonam:
Tumhe Haq Hai

No comments:

Post a Comment