She Reads South Asia

SheReadsSouthAsia

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's NaNoWriMo Time Again

Hi all you writer folks out there! Yes, believe it or not, another year has gone by and it's time for NaNoWriMo once again. For those not familiar with what it is, let me give you a brief synopsis and then you can go to the main site for more info and to sign up yourself.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month (November). Writers have the entire month of November to write a novel of 50,000 words. Are you up to the challenge? Think you can do it? Then please join us now as we start in 1 day - November 1st!

You can also join in with other writers from your area who have decided to take the challenge too. They'll be big kick-off parties, incentives, encouragement and buddy sign-ups to help you along the way.

You can get more info and sign up here at NaNoWriMo's Website.

You can find me in the India section of Elsewhere in India. If someone is interested in moderating an India forum for us, you'll find the infomation on doing so here.


8 comments:

  1. I didn't know about NaNoWritMo until a friend organised the Canberra branch fairly recently. I always think it would be fun to do, but November tends to be my month for revision so I've never got my act together for it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally know what NaNoWriMo means! I've seen the term around AW but I didn't have a clue about it. Thanks for the website link, now I understand!

    I'm not ready to participate in something like this but I'll be cheering on those who are. Go Writers!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've considered trying NaNoWriMo for a couple of years now, but it always seems that November has too many other things going on - house guests, other deadlines, etc. Good luck to you Simran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won in 2003 and did pretty well last year, but am too busy this year to try it again.

    So... I know in advance all about the pain, the rush of adrenaline ... and the horror of realizing, come December 1 that you now have to EDIT this puppy...

    Best of luck, Simran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun but a lot of tension too Gillian. Maybe next year you can join the insanity. lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I could help out there Marilyn. You're welcome and thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peggy, I realized too late how hectic November can be - what was I thinking anway? LOL Thanks for the well wishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS Susan! Yes, you described it to a "T". Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete