She Reads South Asia

SheReadsSouthAsia

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Learning Hindi

If you're looking to learn Hindi, like I am, here are a few links to help you out. I also find that the Hindi Guru CD works well for me too.

A Door into Hindi

Devanagari Alphabet

Hindi Script and other links to items in Hindi

Hindi Script Tutor

Font Downloads

Learn Hindi Online

Learning Hindi with Aarti/Haarsha (for kids)

English to Hindi Dictionary

The Language Corner

Uk India

Roomy Naqvy - Translator

2 comments:

  1. I know some Hindi and I know it very well that real Hindi is so much different than Bollywood movies. Please write about this topic in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with that comment. Hindi is my first language and I think Bollywood manages to capture it quite well. You might want to remember, Razib, that the way Hindi is spoken varies from city to city and state to state, so there's really no such thing as "real" Hindi.

    ReplyDelete